Saturday, April 11, 2009

Time Wasted

So I was thinking about it today and realized that I spend a ton of time untangling the cords to my iPod headphones.

In fact, if you assume that I spend roughly a minute and a half (potentially an understatement) untangling my headphone cords twice a day, five days a week during on average year it comes out to a total of thirteen hours a year spent doing nothing but untangling my headphones.

Think about that.

As far as I’m concerned that’s two to three goodnight’s sleep spent untangling headphones. Granted for any normal person this is like a night and a half of slumber.

That’s just under two full days of work.

That’s roughly the same amount of time it takes to run three marathons based on national averages.

That’s almost exactly the same amount of time it would take to drive from my apartment to the nearest Taco John’s in Athens, Ohio.

That’s roughly the same amount of time it would take to listen to Journey’s Greatest Hits just shy of thirteen times back to back to back to back to back, etc…

No part of me is happy about this, yet I cannot think of anyway to remedy this situation beyond ending my love affair with the my iPod. And let’s be honest here folks, that scenario ain’t happenin’ any time soon.

I guess it’ll just have to be thirteen hours a year that I am willing to donate toward untangling cords instead of watching season eight of “Friends” one and a half times.

0 comments: