Thursday, April 02, 2009

Cat Scratch Fear

So I’m at Mike and Alicia’s place alone today.

Both of my hosts are at work and have left me with their humble abode and an automobile so that I may traverse around the bubbling metropolis of Mankato as I see fit. For this I am quite grateful and wanted to give them both a public shout-out for their good deeds.

I do, however, want to make something else public…while there’s still time.

If anything is broken, destroyed or suffering from fire-damage when you two get home today…it is NOT my fault!!

You see folks, Mike and Alicia’s two cats--Merry and Pippin (I know, right?!)--are going out of their way to establish dominance in this household today.

Thus far they’ve both hissed at me numerous times. Which is only weird because they do it after they’ve come up, meowed all lovingly and I’ve been petting them for a bit, then--out of nowhere--HISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I guess I just don’t get it.

Pippin was ignoring direct orders from me to stop climbing around on the TV and to stop pawing at a lamp. Merry has been chewing on my things: shoelaces, computer charger cord, rubber strap for charger, etc..

They both took turns pawing at my breakfast pizza despite my feeble attempts to push them away.

I have no doubt that they are contemplating burning this place to the ground and framing me for the crime. They’ve both spent a lot of time just sitting and staring at me and then they sorta huddle up in a different room before returning to stare at me some more, as they‘re both doing right now.

I know they’re plotting something.

I think they’re out to prove that since I moved out of this home, I’m no longer welcome.

Thus far, mission accomplished.

0 comments: