Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Stuff in the Snow

So yesterday it was like 50 degrees or something and I was gallivanting about town in a sweatshirt. Apparently it was just wishful thinking to think that spring had sprung in February because today it started snowing at like nine in the AM and as of nine the PM, it has yet to stop.

As a result of this all-day snow-a-thon there is a plethora of random objects covered in snow. Here is a quick list of totally random things I found covered in snow on my commute home…

One shoe, Nike…

…’twas blue with a white Nike swoosh. It was mucho bad-ass and had it been there with a partner, I may have swiped it, b/c it was pretty sweet and appeared big enough to fit my gargantuan monkey-feet.

One coat, black…

…this was hanging out in the parking lot by campus. You’d think someone would want to hang onto their coat when it’s all (east coast) cold and (east coast) snowy…I guess not?!

One baby carriage, empty (thank Jebus)…

…so this was just sorta hanging out in the street. I can’t even imagine the logic behind abandoning your baby carriage…but in the middle of the street, what the heck?! Either way I moved it to the sidewalk, you know…so no one would plow into it with their Toyota.

One empty vodka bottle., empty (unfortunately)…

…yeah, I’m just f’n with you. I refuse to drink abandoned street vodka…ever again?!

One vase, no flowers…

…stuck in the side of a snow-bank, in a parking lot. Who knows?!

One big ole pile of doggy poo (ewwwwww)…

…sadly I only noticed this after some other dude stepped in it. It was NOT pretty. He was like sprinting across the street or something and hit the sidewalk and then BAM just sorta stopped. By the time I crossed the street I’d figured out why because he was trying to wipe his shoe on the chain-link fence…gross!

One lamp (um…lampy?!)…

…not much to say here, it’s a lamp covered in snow. I would NOT recommend plugging it in.

One wooden dresser, wood…

…I think some of our neighbors just left, because there is a dresser outside by my apartment. That’s not normal. I swear. Nightstands, sure…that’s pretty normal. Dressers, not so normal.

0 comments: