Thursday, January 08, 2009

I’m Lovin’ It?!

So I wandered into McDonald’s tonight…in an attempt to avoid “cooking” for myself again. Granted, I’m not proud of it, because come on…I don’t want to eat that much Mickey D’s because it will undoubtedly lead to my untimely demise at the hands of a Double-Quarter Pounder…with cheese, of course.

Anyway, let’s bring this story back to the point.

I walk in and I’m taking a gander at the menu board…which sorta makes me sad because let’s be honest the McDonald’s menu hasn’t really changed at any point in the last couple of decades or so…and then I hear it, off to my left.

There’s a kid yelling at his mom. The dude is like six-years old--at most--and he’s not yelling the way six-year olds yell. No, no…this little fricker blurted out the following phrases:

“Fuck you, I want a Big Mac…”

“…I don’t give a shit!! Buy it!”

“I hate you…you stupid bitch!”

Yep, that all came out of the mouth of a six-year old (at most)…in a McDonald’s…in Cambridge, Massachusetts…in the year 2009.

I’m not going to lie, I was under the impression that children were supposed to respect their elders, but apparently this little punk-ass and his mother see things otherwise. Now I don’t know what her deal was. Logic would say that she was either the most patient woman on the face of the earth (next to Grace, that is) or she is the worst-kind of parent…spineless.

Upon witnessing this little tiff I decided I was no longer in the mood for a greasy burger and I left…

…I don’t think I want to have kids for a long, long time. I feel like their rambunctious attitudes mixed with my propensity for random acts of borderline psychotic violence probably wouldn’t mesh so well.

Long-story-short…kids these days, they all be crazy!

0 comments: